Sometimes we feel a little crazy here at the Priory Hotel and Grand Hall, and April showers and April Fools only makes it worse! So we’re breaking the mold on our traditional wine tasting format for our April event -- it's not a wine tasting, it's a WINE PARTY! Instead of riffing on a theme with a single host, we’re busting open our vaults to produce a potpourri of different wines from around the world that you can taste and sample at your leisure. If you like one wine, stick to that one. If you want to sample a variety, do that. You’re in control!
And instead of pairing wines with a particular plate, we’re trying out something different – an old fashioned southern Seafood Boil! This traditional recipe, served family style, includes a savory broth thick with shrimp, mussels, clams, sausage, whole corn, potatoes and a variety of veggies. We’ll also be serving fresh garlic toast, fresh fruit and cheese, and cheesecake pops for dessert.
Among the wines that we’ll be offering:
· Drusian Dru Cru Sparkling (Valdobbiandena, Italy)
· Villa Sarndi Prosecco (Treviso, Italy)
· Villa Sandi Rose Brut (Crocelledel Montello, Italy)
· Bogle Essential Red (California 2013): Blend of old vine Zinfandel, Syrah, Cabernet and Petit Syrah
· Cosentino “The Dark” Red Blend (Lodi 2013)
· Paso Del Sol Camenere (Central Valley 2010)
· Briar Valley Lemberger (Bedford, PA 2011)
· Cosentino “The Franc” (Lodi 2013): Cabernet Franc
· Dante Marramiero Dry Rose (Cerasuolo D’Abruzzo 2014)
· Vignal Chardonnay (Venezie 2012)
· Lima White (Vinho Verde, Portugal 2013): 100% Laureiro
And we’ll be offering other special guest wines as well (no 1982 Chateau Margaux, though, so don’t get your hopes up).
Music will be by Ray Lanich and his axe, a fan favorite at the Priory. We’ll be outside, good Lord willing!
Doors open at 6:00 p.m., and the party begins at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $60 per person. Please contact Gene Lucente at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to make reservations.